Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the September 1998 Bon Appetit magazine.
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Char chilies over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Enclose in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes; peel, seed and coarsely chop chilies.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes; return to pot.
- Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Mix in sour cream, oil and chopped chilies.
- Season potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.