Recipe by hepcat1
Really good and healthy. Keep in mind that Poblano peppers are not spicy, so add your own spice if that's what you're after (I add my favorite hot sauce to the finished product, Jalapeno Tabasco). From Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced onions (I use red)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh mango, cubed (or sliced from a jar)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- cooking spray (or olive oil and a pastry brush)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, oregano, salt, pepper, and poblano and saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beans; cook 1 minute or until heated thoroughly. Remove from heat; stir in mango and avocado.
- Place flour tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Arrange about 3/4 cup bean mixture on half of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle with cheese and fold each tortilla in half. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray (or olive oil). Broil 3 minutes or until cheddar cheese melts.
- Top with sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!