Really good and healthy. Keep in mind that Poblano peppers are not spicy, so add your own spice if that's what you're after (I add my favorite hot sauce to the finished product, Jalapeno Tabasco). From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onions (I use red)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh mango, cubed (or sliced from a jar)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- cooking spray (or olive oil and a pastry brush)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, oregano, salt, pepper, and poblano and saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beans; cook 1 minute or until heated thoroughly. Remove from heat; stir in mango and avocado.
- 3Place flour tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Arrange about 3/4 cup bean mixture on half of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle with cheese and fold each tortilla in half. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray (or olive oil). Broil 3 minutes or until cheddar cheese melts.
- 4Top with sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poblano, Mango and Black Bean Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.7
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 640.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 18.7 g