This soup a little zip. Delicious with a side salad and some fresh bread for a wonderfully satisfying meal. If desired, lowfat milk can be used; however, for added richness add 2 tablespoons of powdered milk.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups frozen corn, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded, diced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- avocado, slices (optional)
- lime slice (optional)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- In a small saucepan, add the chicken breasts and 2 cups of water; bring to a boil and cook until chicken is tender; approximately 10 minutes.
- Shred the chicken reserving poaching liquid.
- Puree 2 cups of the corn kernels in a blender with the milk; set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil; add the diced chilies, onion and garlic; sauté 4 to 5 minutes.
- Measure the poaching liquid and add enough water to make 2 cups, add to soup pot along with the chicken.
- Add remaining corn and seasonings bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pureed corn, tomato and cheese; simmer to heat through and melt cheese, about 3 minutes.
- Ladle into servings bowls and garnish as desired.
Great soup. I skipped the oil and put this all in the crock pot. I also added less salt. The lime wedges are a must! All solid flavors together.
Awesome soup!! I made this exactly as directed. Next time I won't guess at the cayenne though!! lol
Great combination making for a rich and creamy corn chowder with a wonderful zip to it. Quick and easy to put together. Made as posted - no optionals added, only because I didn't happen to have them on hand. Freshly ground pepper a given! Another PaulaG winner that will be seeing to repeats at our house. Made for Soup Is On.