Prep 7 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from a cookbook I bought from a local church school. This recipe caught my eye so of course I had to try it out. I'm glad I did!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag whole kernel corn (frozen)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup white corn tortilla chips, crush
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 11x7 casserole dish with cooking spray. Melt margarine over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chilies and onion and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add whole kernel corn and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream-style corn. Beat together eggs and milk and pour over corn mixture.
- Add cheese, tortilla chips and salt and mix lightly. Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.