- 6 ear corn, husks and silk removed
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 29.58 ml water
- 22.18 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 green onions, white parts only, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare charcoal grill or preheat an ungreased cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Very lightly brush the corn with oil and set on the grill rack or in the skillet.
- Cook, turning every 2-3 minutes, until the kernels are tender and nicely charred, 12-15 minutes total; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together the fish sauce, water, sugar and salt until it is dissolved.
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Carefully pour liquid mixture in (it may sputter a bit so watch out); add the green onions and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 30 seconds; remove from heat and cool.
- Brush cooked corn with the sauce and serve.