A cold shrimp-cocktail recipe from Cooking Light. It's tasty enough that it doesn't need a sauce. But you can serve with cocktail sauce to stay low-fat, or a remoulade or other mayo-based sauce if you don't mind the extra calories. Time to cook doesn't include chilling time.
- 2839.08 ml water
- 22.18 ml salt
- 14.79 ml mustard seeds
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 stalk celery, halved
- 1 carrot, halved
- 907.18 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 9.85 ml grated lemon rind
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a Dutch oven (through carrot); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 2-3 minutes, until they are pink and fully cooked.
- Drain shrimp and place in a shallow dish.
- Combine lemon rind and remaining ingredients. Add to warm shrimp; toss well. Cover and chill until ready to serve, at least 3 hours.
Very tasty! Easy to make, too.
DH enjoyed loved this shrimp. Made for Newest Zaar Tag