Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
So delicious! Imagine sitting outside on a hot summers night with this and a glass of wine! Would also make a great starter, just increase the quantities as required.
- 400 g mixed fresh seafood (prawns, scallops, fish)
- 500 ml chicken stock (for poaching)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (use low fat)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chile, seeded and diced
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- Poach the seafood in the stock.
- This will only take one or two minutes.
- Remove the seafood and chill quickly to stop further cooking.
- You can do this by placing the seafood in ice water for a few minutes.
- Discard the stock.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except the lettuce, to form a dressing.
- Drain the seafood from the water and add to the dressing.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- To serve place the lettuce in the base of each serving bowl and pile over the seafood and dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Excellent! This was light and bright. Very simple. Really great for a summer afternoon. A great alternative to the standard seafood bake.