Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lovely dinner dish
For the Raita
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled seeded and very finely diced
- 10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup borage fresh edible flower
For the Salmon
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 scallions, whole
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, tied with string
- 4 -8 ounces salmon steaks
- In a medium bowl mix yogurt, mayonnaise, cucumber, mint, curry powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Stir in flowers just before serving.
- This can be made up to 8 hours ahead.
- In a large saucepan, combine the wine, bay leaf, scallions, water and parsley. Bring to a simmer (do not boil).
- Wrap the salmon steaks in cheesecloth and gently lower into simmering liquid.
- Simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish turns pink and flaky.
- Transfer the salmon steaks to a serving platter and drain liquid.
- Top each steak with raita and fresh borage flowers.