Poached Salmon With Sweet Onions and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- In a fish poacher or heavy skillet, bring wine, water, peppercorn, bay leaf, and lemon slices to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add onion slices and salmon steaks.
- Cover and simmer until onions are tender and salmon flakes when prodded with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer onion slices and salmon steaks to a heated serving platter.
- In a small cup, whisk lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil with a fork until well blended.
- Drizzle over onions slices and salmon.
- If using, garnish with lemon wedges. Serve at once.