1/2 Photos of Poached Salmon with Pine Nuts and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
This is from the December 2001 issue of Shape magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped pine nuts
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup drained and chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 (3 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1Coat a large skillet with non-stick spray and cook the garlic over low heat for 30 seconds.
- 2Stir in the breadcrumbs and pine nuts, tossing continuously for 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- 3Turn off the heat.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- 5Adjust seasoning to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Put about 4 cups of hot water, the lemon juice and bay leaf in a large skillet and bring to a boil.
- 8Place the salmon fillets in the boiling water, reduce and heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 9Add water if the fillets are not fully covered.
- 11Transfer the fillets to four plates and spoon 1 ½ tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture on top of each serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Salmon with Pine Nuts and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 583.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 22.5 g