This is from the December 2001 issue of Shape magazine.
Make and share this Poached Salmon with Pine Nuts and Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped pine nuts
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup drained and chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 (3 ounce) salmon fillets
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick spray and cook the garlic over low heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and pine nuts, tossing continuously for 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Put about 4 cups of hot water, the lemon juice and bay leaf in a large skillet and bring to a boil.
- Place the salmon fillets in the boiling water, reduce and heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add water if the fillets are not fully covered.
- Transfer the fillets to four plates and spoon 1 ½ tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture on top of each serving.
Delicious and easy! Our sun dried tomatoes were expired, so I discarded them and made the dish without them. Even so, it was delicious!
Really enjoyed this. We loved the tomato sauce and the poaching the salmon. Thanks!
Loved the poached part of this recipe. Made it with steelhead trout and used canned tomatoes rather than out-of-season fresh and it was terrific. Delicous no-brainer.