Recipe by lazyme
From Simply Seafood. Poaching is so fast and simple you'll want to have side dishes ready to finish before dipping the salmon into the bubbling water.
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey or 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- minced fresh chives or parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Seafood Alternatives: swordfish, trout fillets, cod, orange roughy
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, ginger and honey.
- Set aside while the fish cooks.
- Rinse the salmon in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the salmon into serving-size pieces.
- Lay the fish in a single layer in a pan at least 2 inches deep.
- Add cold water to just cover fish.
- Lift out the fish and bring the water to a boil.
- Return the fish to the pan and reduce the heat to keep water just barely simmering (a bubble every 5 to 10 seconds).
- Simmer until the fish is just slightly translucent in the center, about 8 minutes for fish 1 inch thick.
- Take the fish from the pan, let drain and pat dry gently with paper towels.
- Set the fish on plates and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Garnish with minced chives or parsley.