Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another healthy recipe from The Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma cookbook.
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced (including green portions)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons lime zest, grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 6 pieces
For Melon Salsa
- 1 (3 lb) honeydew melon, peeled,seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded,stemmed and cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss together the onions, mint, ginger and lime zest.
- Place 6 pieces of aluminum foil, each 10 inches square, onto a work surface.
- Place a piece of salmon in the center of each square.
- Top each with an equal amount of the onion mixture.
- Fold in the edges of the foil and crimp to seal.
- Place the packets in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until opaque throughout, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the melon, pepper, lime juice, onion, jalapeno and mint.
- To serve, transfer the contents of each packet onto an individual plate and top with salsa.
I have made this several times at the request of friends that have tried it. Despite sounding like an odd combination, it really works well together.