Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Susan Branch and her wonderful book, Christmas From The Heart of The Home
- 3 lbs salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (Fish Eye pinot grigio)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 cups very cold butter (Kerry Irish Gold)
- Boil 1 inch of water in a large skillet.
- Place salmon in the pan; cover and poach gently until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil the wine, lime juice and ginger in a small pot until it is reduced to about 1-2 TBS.
- Turn heat very low over the wine/lime/ginger and whisking constantly, slowly add the cold butter, 1 TBS at a time.
- Pour sauce over the salmon and serve.