Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Recipe from Gastronomy Restaurants, Salt Lake City, UT.
- 2 salmon fillets (8 ounces each)
- 1 gallon water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- In a heavy pan on medium heat, add the two tablespoons of salt to one gallon of water.
- Bring to a light boil.
- Place salmon and 1/2 of a lemon in the water.
- Place a metal bowl on top of the pan containing the salmon.
- In the bowl, place the three tablespoons of hot water, the egg yolks, Tabasco sauce and the juice from the remaining lemon half.
- Stir with a fine whip until yolks start to thicken.
- Still stirring, slowly add 1/2 cup of the clarified butter.
- If the sauce thickens too much, slowly add more hot water until desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and add remaining 1/2 cup of butter.
- Stir until incorporated.
- Take salmon filet out of water after 6 minutes.
- Top immediately with hollandaise.