Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This 30 minute meal is easily prepared. Do not remove the skin before poaching or the fish might fall apart during the cooking process. The vegetables in the pot can be served alongside the fish or discarded. Buttered egg noodles with a little chopped parsley are good, on the side. And, as I suggest with all my recipes which call for wine, use a good, drinkable wine.
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skin-on salmon fillets (4)
- Bring carrots, onion, wine, dill sprigs, lemon slices, 2 teaspoons salt and water to boil in Dutch oven over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, capers, lemon juice, chopped dill and salt and pepper to taste in bowl.
- Add salmon to pot, cove and simmer gently until fish is opaque and flakes easily at thickest part, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Using slotted spatula, carefully transfer salmon to serving platter.
- Serve with dill-yogurt sauce.
This had a nice flavor but the fish was a little tough. My daughter really enjoyed the sauce.