Recipe by Kree
This recipe is from Coastal New England Summer Cooking by Sherri Eldridge. Salmon poached with white wine then combined with a creamy dill sauce. Yum. Plus each serving only has 275 calories and 7 grams of fat. Use the soy margarine to make this dairy-free.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon soy margarine
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut salmon fillets into 4 portions.
- In a large saucepan, bring white wine to a simmer. Place fillets in saucepan; cover.
- Poach 12 minutes, or until the inner flesh has turned light pink.
- Remove salmon with slotted spatula, cover, and place in 250 degree oven.
- Combine hot poaching liquid in blender with remaining ingredients. Process for 1 minute. Always be careful when blending hot liquids!
- Return to saucepan and whisk until thickened.
- Serve poached salmon fillets with dill sauce spooned on top.