Recipe by Messiejessie625
Easy poached salmon is sophisticated with a creamy caper-and-lemon sauce. Make it a meal: Serve with snow peas or roasted asparagus and a whole grain like quinoa or brown rice
Top Review by janetfl2003
This is delicious, quick, and easy to make. In addition to poaching the salmon, you can also place the salmon portions on a baking sheet, sprinkle with lemon zest, and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Top with the yummy sauce and garnish with dill before serving.
- 1 lb center-cut salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 teaspoons capers, rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon in a large skillet. Add 1/2 cup wine and enough water to just cover the salmon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer, turn the salmon over, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the remaining 1/2 cup wine; boil until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice and capers; cook 1 minute more. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and salt. To serve, top the salmon with the sauce and garnish with dill.