Recipe by Barb G.
We love poached salmon and with the caper sauce it is delicious. If you like Salmon and Capers try this.
Top Review by NurseJaney
We frequently poach salmon filets, and top with wasabi/lemon sauce. This was different, but the cornstarch made a "jellied" topping, Not to our taste. Love capers, but this was not the best consistancy. Will likely stick to piaching with herb and white wine with herb garni.
- 4 salmon steaks or 4 other fish steaks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 slices lemons
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a 10-inch skillet combine chicken broth, wine, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Place fish in skillet; place lemon slices atop fish.
- Cover and simmer for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove fish and lemon; Keep fish warm.
- Discard lemon.
- Gently boil broth mixture, uncovered, until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 2 minutes).
- Stir together water and cornstarch; stir into broth mixture.
- Stir in capers.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Spoon sauce over fish and serve.