Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is great, chilled or room temp it is always a hit at parties, and it's great for a dinner too
Make and share this poached salmon w/dill sauce, cold recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (5 lb) salmon fillets
- water, to cover
- salt and pepper
- sliced onion
- sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cucumbers, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- in large pan, add salmon, cut in half if needed.
- add water, spices, wine, lemon juice, and vegetables to cover halfway.
- use 2 burners if necessary, heat to boil, cover and simmer on low 10-15 minutes.
- when salmon turns light pink, and opaque remove from liquid, chill.
- meanwhile make dill sauce- mix all ingredients together.
- slice cucumbers very thin, or use a mandoline, watch your fingers.
- decorate salmon with rows of cucumber to look like fish scales, serve w/ dill sauce.
- this can be served warm, but we prefer it cold or at room temp.
Another great recipe from the kitchen of Chia. We really liked this version of cold salmon. I served slices of it over a mixed greens salad and left off the cucumber scales. With the leftover fish, I made a second sauce which was just Miracle Whip mixed with ketchup-- kind of a Russian dressing which my husband loves. Oh, and I also included some fresh lemon slices in the poaching liquid. Thanks Chia!
I just made this for several gals for dinner. Absolutely fantastic for the gals who are very athletic and watchiing their fat intake, etc. It turned out perfect and the sauce was delish!
This is an incredible recipe. It reminds me of the cold salmon that my grandmother used to make at Rosh Hashana parties. I have been looking for a similar recipe and this is really close. Thank you!