this is great, chilled or room temp it is always a hit at parties, and it's great for a dinner too
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 lb) salmon fillets
- water, to cover
- salt and pepper
- sliced onion
- sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cucumbers, sliced very thin
- 1in large pan, add salmon, cut in half if needed.
- 2add water, spices, wine, lemon juice, and vegetables to cover halfway.
- 3use 2 burners if necessary, heat to boil, cover and simmer on low 10-15 minutes.
- 4when salmon turns light pink, and opaque remove from liquid, chill.
- 5meanwhile make dill sauce- mix all ingredients together.
- 6slice cucumbers very thin, or use a mandoline, watch your fingers.
- 7decorate salmon with rows of cucumber to look like fish scales, serve w/ dill sauce.
- 8this can be served warm, but we prefer it cold or at room temp.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for poached salmon w/dill sauce, cold
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 159.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 29.1 g