Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Lovely, light summer salad...a great combination of flavors with the grilled corn and the arugula. I serve this with Basil Aioli (recipe to follow) on the side. The salmon can be poached with the enclosed stock recipe or baked or grilled or whatever you like. I think poached is pretty and simple. I usually poach in a stock, so I enclosed the recipe, it isn't necessary to the recipe if you chose a different way.
- 20 ounces salmon fillets, portioned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup carrot
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 -2 bunch baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons red onion strips
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinaigrette
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons shallots
- For the Salmon:.
- Divide salmon into 4 pieces.
- season the salmon with the kosher salt and set aside.
- Place the next 11 ingredients (thru the lemon) in a stainless or other non-reactive pan and bring to boil. (the carrots are better grated, but I couldn't get the ingredients to list it).
- Turn to low and let simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Strain off the solids, put the liquid in a 9" skillet, bring to boil and place salmon fillets into the liquid (add more water to cover if needed).
- poach for 10-15 minutes until just done.
- For the salad:.
- shuck the corn, rub with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- grill over a hot grill, turning frequently to char lightly on all sides.
- let cool and cut the corn off the cob.
- mix the corn with the tomatoes (cut in half), argula and onions
- For the dressing:.
- finely chop the shallots.
- whisk together the final 3 ingredients. (please mince shallots finely).
- toss with the salad.
- Divide between 4 plates, place poached salmon on top and finish with Basil Aioli (different recipe).