Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The spiciness of this sauce is just right with it still being sweet. It goes great with rice and steamed vegetables for a healthy meal.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 spring onions
- 1 chili
- 1 cm ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemongrass
- Lightly poach the salmon in enough boiling water to cover and then put on a plate to one side.
- Lightly fry the spring onions, chilli, garlic and lemongrass. Take out half and put on a plate, then add the ginger into the frying pan.
- Mix stock cube with 200 ml of warm water, add puree, soy sauce and sugar.
- Pour into pan with the other ingredients and mix well.
- Leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the poached salmon to the sauce. Cover until plated.