Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is another wonderful and healthy dish from Dr.Andrew Weil. No more words are needed, just try his fish.
Top Review by Phat & Sassy
I made this tonight for my husband's dinner. (I'm allergic.) He loved it and gave it the five star rating. I covered the salmon for the last 10 minutes that you let it rest, before I realized that the directions didn't say to cover it. It was fine. In fact, I can't see how it would cook through if it wasn't covered. I'm very new when it comes to cooking fish and loved how easy this was to make. Thank you, HappyHarry #2.
- 12 ounces salmon fillets (6oz per person)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 lemon slices
- 6 bay leaves (Turkish or, 1/2 of a California bay leaf)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 sprigs parsley
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut salmon into individual portions. Place in a large skillet, the carrot, onion, celery, lemon slices, parsley and bay leaves.
- Add fish, cold water to cover, salt, wine and lemon juice.
- Bring water to a boil, uncovered.
- Lower heat to a simmer and let fish cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave fish undisturbed for 10 minutes. Then remove carefully to a serving platter.
- Th salmon will be perfectly done. Serve it hot or cold.