Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, and so delicious...I found this in an old health cookbook and substituted spinach and broccoli for the original asparagus. I also like a little cilantro mixed in with the regular parsely. The broth from this is divine!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb salmon steak (filleted)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup thickly sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley (I have used 1/2 cilantro)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli floret (large)
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach (small)
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water (or more)
- 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- Pour olive oil in a deep baking dish.
- Place fish, skin side down, in bottom of dish.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, broccoli and spinach.
- Dissolve the bouillon in the boiling water and pour over the vegetables, then pack all vegetables firmly on top of the fish.
- Cover with lid.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until simmering, and fish flakes with a fork.