Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy, and so delicious...I found this in an old health cookbook and substituted spinach and broccoli for the original asparagus. I also like a little cilantro mixed in with the regular parsely. The broth from this is divine!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb salmon steak (filleted)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup thickly sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley (I have used 1/2 cilantro)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli floret (large)
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach (small)
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water (or more)
- 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- Pour olive oil in a deep baking dish.
- Place fish, skin side down, in bottom of dish.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, broccoli and spinach.
- Dissolve the bouillon in the boiling water and pour over the vegetables, then pack all vegetables firmly on top of the fish.
- Cover with lid.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until simmering, and fish flakes with a fork.