Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fish and especially salmon is one of my husband's favorite meals. This recipe is so quick and easy to prepare.
- 2 (6 -8 ounce) salmon fillets (6-8 ounces per person)
- cold water, to cover
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 -2 sprig parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Place in a large skillet the carrot, onion, sliced celery, lemon slices, parsley and bay leaves.
- Add the fish, water, salt and pepper to taste, the wine and the lemon juice. Bring the water to a boil, uncovered.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and let fish cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave fish undisturbed for 10 minutes. Then remove it carefully to a serving platter; the salmon should be perfectly done.
I have eaten tons of fresh salmon .... This recipe is in my opinion 6 stars....I really enjoyed the flaky tenderness and peekaboo background flavors of the seasonings..great recipe & I thank you..
Yum! I love poached salmon and this was great. Nice subtle flavors and the fish was really moist. Thanks SueVM for a nice dinner. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.