Recipe by ellie_
We enjoyed this fish recipe - with some changes from the original recipe from Redbook magazine based on our preferences and what was on hand.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great recipe. I will be using the poaching liquid portion of the recipe just for having salmon, but the green beans were good. I served that part room temperature and the salmon hot. I used shallots instead of pearl onions. Fresh tarragon from the garden and really looking forward to making this when I have fresh beans in the garden. The store bought ones today had just about seen better days! :)
- 4 sprigs tarragon
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 10 white pearl onions, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 6 radishes, sliced into rounds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet combine lemon, tarragon and 5 onions and enough water to come 2/3 up or that will cover the fish when added. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; add salmon to skillet, adding water if needed to cover. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until done. Transfer to a platter when done.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to a boil and add green beans - cook for 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large salad bowl toss beans, remaining onions, radishes and some chopped tarragon. Squeeze juice from one lemon and drizzle with olive oil; toss.
- Serve salmon with salad.