1/1 Photo of Poached Red Pear Zinfandel
Charlotte J's Note:
Diabetic Exchange 1 Carbohydrates, 1 Fruit, 1 Fat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core pears from bottom, leaving stem intact.
- 2Using a paring knife, peel a spiral channel from tip to bottom of fruit, if desired.
- 3Slice the very bottom off pears to allow them to stand upright.
- 4Stand pears up in the bottom of a large saucepan then add wine and vanilla.
- 5Bring mixture just to boiling.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer pears, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until pears are just tender.
- 7Using a slotted spoon, transfer pears to four dessert dishes.
- 8Add sugar to liquid in pan and bring to boiling.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 2/3 cup and is the consistency of a thin sauce.
- 10Spoon sauce over pears.
- 11Drizzle honey on top.
- 12Serve warm or chilled.
- 13Garnish sauce on each plate with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Red Pear Zinfandel
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white zinfandel wine