Recipe by I'mPat
Love prawns and chilli and this recipe looks good from Australian Good Food. Have not included marination time.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. We really enjoyed these quick and easy to make <br/>shrimp. What a terrific dish, sweet, tart, tangy and spicy with a little hit of heat. I can`t wait to make these again.
- 1 kg prawns (king raw or green)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 chili (birdseye seeded and thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil (or peanut oil)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (finely sliced)
- 3 chilies (small dried)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (finely grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook prawns in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes until just cooked and drain and then refresh in iced water and drain again.
- Peel prawns, leavig tail intact and remove veins.
- Using a mortar and pestle pound garlic, chilli and half of sugar until a coarse paste forms and then transfer to a bowl.
- Add lime or lemon juice, oil and fish sauce and mix to combine.
- Pour over prawns and toss to combine and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Place kaffir lime leaves and whole dried chillies in a small frying pan on high heat and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant and then cool.
- Transfer to a mortar, add remaining sugar and lemon rind and use a pestle to pound until roughly ground.
- Scatter over prawns to serve.