Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Part of a wonderful three course lunch at Chez Cecile, Paris (Chef Stephane Pitre)
Make and share this Poached Prawns recipe from Food.com.
- 12 large prawns (I use large shrimp)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine (not too dry)
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 ounces butter, unsalted, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces pistachio oil (walnut oil could be substituted)
- In a pan, boil water, wine, carrot, celery, salt and pepper to make a broth.
- Peel the prawns; discard the heads, keep the tails.
- Poach them for 10 minutes in the hot (but not boiling) broth.
- Remove 7 oz. stock to another pan, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Blend, adding the pistachio oil as you go; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove prawns from the liquid and arrange them on a plate, drizzle with the sauce.
- Serve with a risotto or pureed artichokes.
Simple, elegant, light and delicious! We loved these and ate 12 prawns between the two of us for a light lunch - great recipe, thanks Kate! I changed nothing. Made for ZWT3.