A wonderful summer time salad or dessert.
Make and share this Poached Pink Pear Delight recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the pears leaving stem attached.
- Into each pear stick 1 clove, place in deep pot.
- Add sugar, wine, water and food coloring to give desired color.
- Simmer very gently until pears are clear and syrup is thick, basting now and then.
- Serve cold as salad or dessert.
Elegant and delicious, and a very light & refreshing dessert. Very easy to prepare and the taste was succulent - the pears get so tender and the sauce was wonderful. A wonderful choice for a romantic dinner.
This is so easy but looks very special and tastes DELICIOUS! I followed recipe for 12 pears-20 minutes cooking the pears plus extra 20 minutes for syrup. One fell over and came out flat on that side so make sure you steady them in your pan. Everyone loved these-a real crowd pleaser! I served w/ cinnamon ice cream but it really wasn't needed. Thank you, PanNan, for a great recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
This was great. I only did 4 pears, but the same amount of liquid. I also added a couple extra cloves to the sauce. My husband loved these!