Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A wonderful dessert, great for these hot summer months. You'll make this over n over again:)
Top Review by Odenata
This is quite good and easy. I had to add corn starch to the syrup to get it to thicken. The leftover sauce is good for ice cream and other things after the pears have been eaten.
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 -6 ripe pears, peeled,sliced in half and cored
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first three ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pears and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove fruit and set aside to cool.
- Now heat syrup until it thickens slightly.
- Place fruit in dessert bowls.
- Pour syrup over top of the fruit and enjoy!