Recipe by ellie3763
from weight watchers: "This elegant dessert is the perfect ending to a fall meal. Getting in those fruit servings never tasted so good!"
- 177.44 ml cranberry juice cocktail
- 295.73 ml water
- 4 medium pears, peeled, cored with stem intact and sliced in half
- 170.09 g canned cranberry sauce, jellied
- 44.37 ml milk chocolate chips (or 1 1/2 oz)
- 118.29 ml raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring juice and water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat; place pears in pan, cover and simmer on low heat until pears are tender when pieced with a fork, about 15 minutes (turn pears several times during cooking). Remove saucepan from heat, let cool to room temperature and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine cranberry sauce and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan; melt over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until smooth.
- Remove pears from liquid; drain. To serve, spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons chocolate-cranberry sauce onto each of 4 dessert plates. Top each with 2 pear halves and decorate with 2 tablespoons of raspberries. Serve immediately.