Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From BBC Easy Cook Magazine Issue 2 August 2004. This is a simple, low - fat pud best served warm or chilled.
- 4 pears, peeled, but left whole
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 250 g blackberries
- 300 ml unsweetened apple juice
- 50 g caster sugar
- Put the pears in a saucepan with the lemon rind and juice.
- Tip in half the blackberries, the apple juice and the caster sugar. Heat until the mixture bubbles, then cover and cook gently for 20 minutes or until the pears are tender.
- Flip the pears over half way so they cook evenly on both sides.
- Lift the pears from the cooking liquid and cool for a few minutes.
- Slice each one in half and scoop out the cores with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Tip the cooking liquid into a sieve set over a bowl and rub it through, leaving the seeds behind.
- Pour the fruity syrup back into the saucepan, add the rest of the blackberries and reheat gently for a minute to lightly cook them.
- Pour the blackberry sauce over the pears.