Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and low-fat. There are other Burgundy pear recipes on Zaar, but this one is a little different.
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 4 firm fresh Bartlett pears
- Peel, halve, and core the pears.
- Combine all other ingredients in a saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add pears, and cover.
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes (until pears are tender), turning pears often.
- Let pears cool slightly in pan.
- Transfer pears to a serving dish and spoon the poaching liquid over.
- Serve warm or chilled.