1/1 Photo of Poached Pears in Saffron Citrus Syrup
Simple, yet sophisticated dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- 2Heat, stirring, over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- 3Bring to the boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- 4Add the pears and cook, covered for 12-15 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- 5Remove pears from liquid, and bring it back to boil, uncovered.
- 6Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the syrup has reduced by half.
- 7Remove the vanilla bean and drizzle syrup over the pears.
- 8Serve with biscotti.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Pears in Saffron Citrus Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 60.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: