My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a vegetable peeler, pare yellow part only of peel from lemon.
- 2Cut peel into julienne strips to make 1 table- spoon.
- 3Ream enough lemon to make 1 tablespoon juice. In a 5 to 6 quart pan, combine lemon peel, lemon juice, ginger, sugar and 3 cups water.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Add pears and more water, if needed, to cover them.
- 6Simmer, covered, until pears are tender when pierced, about 30 minutes.
- 7Put pears in 6 shallow-rimmed dishes or shallow bowls.
- 8On high heat, boil syrup, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 40 minutes.
- 9Pour syrup over pears.
- 10Cool, cover and chill until cold or up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Pears in Ginger-Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g