Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very simple but elegant dessert that is sure to impress.
Make and share this Poached Pears in Cranberry Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- In heavy 4-quart pan combine juice, corn syrup, ginger, and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Peel pears, leaving stems attached.
- Add to cranberry liquid; cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until the pears are tender.
- With slotted spoon, transfer pears to shallow serving dish.
- Remove the ginger and cinnamon; discard all but 2 cups of syrup. In saucepan, bring to a boil; boil 10 to 12 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Spoon sauce over pears.