Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a 1980 cookbook called Texas Recipes from Texas Places
Make and share this Poached Pears recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml dry red wine
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4 firm ripe pears, pared stem intact
- Combine all except pears in saucepan. Boil till sugar is dissolved then add pears.
- Cover and cook 8-10 minutes turning occasionally.
- When pears are barely tender remove from syrup and put in individual serving bowls.
- Boil remaining syrup rapidly uncovered until reduced to 1 cup. Pour over pears.
- Let cool before serving or serve chilled.
I didn't use quite as much sugar and I served it with Gorgonzola cheese. Oh so good!!