- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 firm ripe pears, pared stem intact
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all except pears in saucepan. Boil till sugar is dissolved then add pears.
- Cover and cook 8-10 minutes turning occasionally.
- When pears are barely tender remove from syrup and put in individual serving bowls.
- Boil remaining syrup rapidly uncovered until reduced to 1 cup. Pour over pears.
- Let cool before serving or serve chilled.