Recipe by ellie_
Easy summer dessert makes good use of summer peaches. Prep/cooking time does not include several hours chilling time. Recipe source: local newspaper.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and sugar in a deep saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer and add peaches. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove peaches from syrup, and put peaches in a bowl.
- Stir the torn mint leaves into syrup and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour the hot syrup over the peaches.
- Cool and refrigerate several hours.
- To serve: place each peach in a small bowl, spoon syrup over and garnish with mint sprig.