Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fresh peaches poached in champagne need to be tasted to be really appreciated. Cooling time not included. For Zaar World Tour Champagne is French.
- 2 large ripe peaches, preferably white
- 2 cups dry champagne
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 small vanilla bean
- 3 large strawberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 medium lemon, juice of
- 1 cup romance whipped cream, see recipe below
- 2 large mint leaves (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Make a very light incision all around peach skins.
- Plunge the peaches briefly into boiling water, then into cold water, and peel.
- Place in a shallow pan and douse with champagne.
- Add the syrup and vanilla bean.
- Bring to a slow boil over low heat, and poach peaches at about 185°F, but do not allow to boil.
- If peaches are very ripe, they will be poached after 5 minutes.
- Place peaches and syrup in a cool place, but do not refrigerate.
- Drain peaches, reserving the poaching liquid.
- Wash strawberries, remove any leaves, and purée in a blender or food processor.
- Place in a bowl and stir sugar into the purée.
- Stir romance whipped cream into the strawberry purée and add lemon juice.
- Serve on round plates, or in glass dishes or small bowls.
- Line the bottom of the dishes with strawberry cream and arrange the cooled, but not chilled, peaches on top.
- Garnish each peach with a mint sprig. Serve the chilled poaching liquid separately in a sauce boat.
- ROMANCE WHIPPED CREAM:.
- Using a wire whisk or electric mixer, beat heavy cream over ice cubes in a chilled mixing bowl, just until cream thickens. When peaks start to form, add sugar and vanilla. Then whip to the desired consistency.
- Yield: 1 1/4+ cups.