Fresh peaches poached in champagne need to be tasted to be really appreciated. Cooling time not included. For Zaar World Tour Champagne is French.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large ripe peaches, preferably white
- 2 cups dry champagne
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 small vanilla bean
- 3 large strawberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 medium lemon, juice of
- 1 cup romance whipped cream, see recipe below
- 2 large mint leaves (to garnish)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Make a very light incision all around peach skins.
- 2Plunge the peaches briefly into boiling water, then into cold water, and peel.
- 3Place in a shallow pan and douse with champagne.
- 4Add the syrup and vanilla bean.
- 5Bring to a slow boil over low heat, and poach peaches at about 185°F, but do not allow to boil.
- 6If peaches are very ripe, they will be poached after 5 minutes.
- 7Place peaches and syrup in a cool place, but do not refrigerate.
- 8Drain peaches, reserving the poaching liquid.
- 9Wash strawberries, remove any leaves, and purée in a blender or food processor.
- 10Place in a bowl and stir sugar into the purée.
- 11Stir romance whipped cream into the strawberry purée and add lemon juice.
- 12Serve on round plates, or in glass dishes or small bowls.
- 13Line the bottom of the dishes with strawberry cream and arrange the cooled, but not chilled, peaches on top.
- 14Garnish each peach with a mint sprig. Serve the chilled poaching liquid separately in a sauce boat.
- 15ROMANCE WHIPPED CREAM:.
- 16Using a wire whisk or electric mixer, beat heavy cream over ice cubes in a chilled mixing bowl, just until cream thickens. When peaks start to form, add sugar and vanilla. Then whip to the desired consistency.
- 17Yield: 1 1/4+ cups.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Peaches in Champagne
Serving Size: 1 (635 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.9
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 81.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 87.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: