- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 4 large pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring the orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon stick to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pears and cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Using a slotted spoon, place each pear half in a dessert dish.
- Garnish with raspberries.
- Drizzle with poaching liquid.