1/1 Photo of Poached Halibut With Tomato and Basil
Chef Lirpakay's Note:
A great fish dish that is also low carb and healthy. Courtesy Rachael Ray. The Mediterranean Succotash recipe I've posted is made to go with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season fish with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large skillet add the oil.
- 3Arrange fish in the pan and turn to coat in oil, then add garlic, shallots and wine.
- 4Top each fillet of fish with 1/4 of the tomatoes.
- 5Place the pan on the stove top and bring the liquid to a boil over medium high heat.
- 6Top the pan with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to moderate.
- 7Cook fish 8 to 10 minutes until opaque and flaky, but not dry.
- 8Carefully transfer fish topped with tomatoes to dinner plates or serving plate with a thin spatula.
- 9Spoon pan juices over the fish.
- 10Squeeze the wedge of lemon over the cooked fish and top each fillet with lots of torn or shredded basil.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Halibut With Tomato and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 148.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 39.8 g