VKuuipo Bridges's Note:
This recipe was posted in a magazine I subscribe to... It sounds simple, yet healthy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover them by 2 inches.
- 2Add 2 teaspoons of the salt and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer until almost fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4Add the green beans and cook 5 minutes more, until just tender.
- 5Drain and set aside.
- 6In the same pot, melt the butter over low heat with the chives, 1/4 tsp of the salt, and 1/8 tsp of the pepper.
- 7Quarter the potatoes and return them to the pot with the green beans.
- 8Stir gently to combine.
- 9Season the fish with the remaining salt and pepper and place in a large skillet.
- 10Pour in just enough wine to reach halfway up the sides of the fish.
- 11Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- 12Cook 6-8 minutes, covered, until the fish is opaque.
- 13Serve with the beans and potatoes.
- 14Spoon any extra chive butter on top of the fish.
- 15TIP: You can replace the halibut with any firm-fleshed white fish, like swordfish. The fillets should be 1 inch thick.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Halibut With Green Beans and Red Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 1112.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: