Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was posted in a magazine I subscribe to... It sounds simple, yet healthy
Make and share this Poached Halibut With Green Beans and Red Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover them by 2 inches.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until almost fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook 5 minutes more, until just tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over low heat with the chives, 1/4 tsp of the salt, and 1/8 tsp of the pepper.
- Quarter the potatoes and return them to the pot with the green beans.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Season the fish with the remaining salt and pepper and place in a large skillet.
- Pour in just enough wine to reach halfway up the sides of the fish.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Cook 6-8 minutes, covered, until the fish is opaque.
- Serve with the beans and potatoes.
- Spoon any extra chive butter on top of the fish.
- TIP: You can replace the halibut with any firm-fleshed white fish, like swordfish. The fillets should be 1 inch thick.
This was the first time I have ever had fish cooked in this manner. We didn't really care for the texture of it, but, that is not the fault of the recipe, just personal taste. However, I did think I was going to have to fight DW for the potatoes. We loved them. I will be making this recipe, again, if only to see If I screwed up. I don't think I did. An easy to follow recipe with things I generally have on hand. Thanks for posting it, Kuuip. I am surprised there are no other reviews on it. jim