- 7 ounces haddock (or other white fish)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 4 -5 tablespoons poaching milk
- 1⁄4 cup canned corn niblet
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tomato, rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (red pepper flakes if preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- To the milk add, salt, pepper, cumin and coriander, whisk to mix. Add milk mixture to a small frypan; bring to a low simmer, add fish and simmer about 3 minutes, carefully turn the fish and simmer another 2 minutes, Turn the heat off leaving the fish in the milk.
- Take 4 or 5 tablespoons of the poaching milk and add to a small pot; add corn, tomato,red onion, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper; stir to mix; bring to simmer, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the milk to a serving plate. Spoon the relish over the fish in a neat line. Serve immediately.