Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use 1 lb. fresh or thawed frozen firm white fish fillets such as cod, haddock or halibut and reduce cooking time to 5 minutes.
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup chablis or 1⁄4 cup other dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed, crushed
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon steaks, 1 inch thick (about 4 steaks)
- Mix broth, wine, dill and lemon in skillet.
- Heat to boiling.
- Place fish in broth mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes or until done.
- Discard poaching liquid.