1/1 Photo of Poached Fish in Shrimp Sauce
This is a variation of a recipe which I found in an old cookbook I purchased over 25 years ago titled, The Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking. I have changed it slightly to adapt to a less expensive version. It is really good with any kind of fish...but my favorite is with fresh salmon. If you read the entire recipe you will see that although it looks complicated at first glance it really is very easy and quick to make. Preparation time includes thickening time of cooking the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauce:Melt margarine in a saucepan over low heat.
- 2Stir in flour then gradually add the half and half.
- 3Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and simmer over very low heat while preparing fish.
- 5Fish:Roll up each fillet from the larger end and secure with a toothpick and place in a glass 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 6Add milk, salt, and pepper to the fish.
- 7Cover with waxed paper and microwave for 3 minutes on full power.
- 8Remove fillets from baking dish, discard liquid and then put the fish back into the dish.
- 9Pour hot shrimp sauce over the fish and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degees.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Fish in Shrimp Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.0
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 257.9 mg
- Sodium 1287.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 58.0 g