Chef mariajane's Note:
Firm white fish fillets, carrot strips, sliced celery and onion are seasoned with dill and poached in Swanson's Vegetable Broth, then topped with a luxurious sauce made by thickening the flavorful poaching liquid, how delicious - I found this recipe in Campbell's Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups swanson's vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed, crushed
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchstick-thin strips
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lb cod (fresh or frozen) or 1 lb haddock (fresh or frozen) or 1 lb halibut (fresh or frozen)
- 1Stir the cornstarch and 1/4 cup broth in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2Heat the remaininng broth, dill weed, black pepper, carrot, celery and onion in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- 3Add the fish to the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove the fish from the skillet and keep it warm.
- 4Stir the cornstarch mixture and stir it into the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve the vegetable mixture with the fish.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poached Fish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.7 mg
- Sodium 437.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: