Recipe by Bergy
This is one of my favorite ways to cook fish. Add a lovely sauce it is so moist and tasty. I like to poach Salmon, cod and sea bass. There are many sauce recipes here on Zaar or serve it plain with a dab of butter. I like to use a lightly greased rack so the fish is just above the water, espcially if it is a skinless filet
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed (or 1 tsp fresh)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons vermouth (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a a large skillet (fitted with a lid) pour in 1 inch (25mm) of water, add all ingredients except fish& bring to a boil.
- Place fish (skin side down if the filet has skin on it) in a single layer, cover and simmer until the fish flakes easily apprx 5 minutes.